- Traveling Library – a free lending library brought to you by the Readiness-to-Learn Ocean Beach Consortium and the WellSpring Community Network.
- Washington Family Policy Council
- Drug Free Communities Grant – Office of National Drug Control Policy and more information about the Drug Free Communities Grant.
- Community Mobilization – Community Mobilization Program Against Substance Abuse and Violence (CM)
- National Suicide Hopeline – The National Hopeline Network, 1-800-SUICIDE, connects people who are depressed or suicidal — or those who are concerned about someone they love — automatically to an available certified crisis center nearest to their calling location. Depression is treatable and suicide is preventable.
- Pacific County Public Health and Human Services Department
- Willapa Behavioral Health – We offer a range of services to children, adolescents, parents & foster parents. Our telephone crisis hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 800-884-2298. Walk-in crisis services are also available.
- Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)
- Crisis Support Network – State accredited sexual assault program and the State recognized domestic violence program for Pacific County. 24-hour hotline: 800-435-7276.
- Women’s Resource Center – Women’s Resource Center is an organization of people trained to help victims of rape and assault. It has a 24-hour hotline, 7 days a week: 503-325-5735.
- NAMI – NAMI is dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness. NAMI offers an array of peer education and training programs, initiatives and services for individuals, family members, health care providers and the general public.
- Dual Recovery Anonymous – Dual Recovery Anonymous is an independent, nonprofessional, Twelve Step, self-help membership organization for people with a dual diagnosis: chemically dependent and also affected by an emotional or psychiatric illness.
- RAINN – The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network is an anti-sexual assault organization. RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1.800.656.HOPE and the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline at rainn.org.
Family and Parenting
- Readiness-To-Learn – The Readiness-to-Learn program goal is to provide support to at-risk students and families by linking school and community-based resources in an effort to reduce nonacademic barriers to learning, bolster student engagement, and ensure that all children are able to attend school, ready to learn. Our local RTL program serves Ocean Beach and Naselle-Grays River Valley school districts.
Substance Abuse Prevention
- NIDA for Teens – The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), a component of the National Institutes of Heath (NIH): Science-based facts about how drugs affect the brain and body.
- The Truth – The American Legacy Foundation provides strategic direction and funding for the truth campaign, informing the public about Big Tobacco.
- The Alcohol and Drug Addiction Resource Center -
The Alcohol and Drug Addiction Resource Center has been offering information and providing help for over 7 years. Our staff is very knowledgeable about the problem of alcohol and drug abuse, and the many options and solutions: 800-390-4056.
- Recovery Month – Recovery Month is an annual observance that takes place during the month of September. The Recovery Month website aims to promote the societal benefits of alcohol and drug use disorder treatment, laud the contributions of treatment providers, and promote the message that recovery from alcohol and drug disorders in all its forms is possible.
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking.